html> Breathe Easy: Meet Adam!

Meet Adam!


       So lets talk about Adam. Hi Adam
Some of you may be curious as to how I met this guy that is always in my pictures, or who I am always mentioning- its sort of a funny story. When I finally moved all of my things into my apartment on state street in Boston, my mother and I went out to eat at a restaurant right down the street that was fairly new. Our waiter was incredibly friendly! I told him how I was moving right up the street and he asked me if I was looking for a job because they were on the lookout for a new hostess. My mom of course was like "YOU SHOULD DO IT." I said "why not" and took the application. I needed my resume, which I did not have so I had to wait to fill it out and drop it off. 
       The first month of me living on state street, my roommate was out of the country- so I was actually interested in getting this job. 
I went back in a few days later and dropped the resume off, and also sat down for a bite to eat. The GM came over to introduce himself, and told me to come in on Wednesday for an interview. I agreed, and that was that. 
       Wednesday came along, I got ready for the interview- and headed over to the restaurant. I asked for Adam upon arrival, two girls looked around awkwardly and told me to 'hold on.' So I did. Then they came back to inform me that Adam had an "emergency" and was out, that he would give me a call soon to reschedule. 
Okay… I thought it was unprofessional, but whatever shit happens (I know that all too well). 
A few days later I got a missed call from a number I didn't know, I ignored it like I usually do… and just listen to the voicemail if they leave one. This person did… It was Adam. He apologized for missing the interview and asked me to call him back, so I did... "I am so sorry, please come in tomorrow I promise I won't miss this interview unless I am struck by lightning…" (I am sure he said this differently I just know being struck by lightning was used). He seemed incredibly apologetic so I of course agreed. 
         The next day I got ready and headed over for the interview…. "Hi I am here to meet Adam for an interview…" this girl looked at me, "Okay he is not here yet, so you know what, here is the forms you have the job." I filled out the paperwork and she told me to come in on Tuesday. I wasn't too fond of Adam at this point. 
I started on that Tuesday- no one was there to train me. The start of this job was sort of disastrous, but I got through it. 
        A few weeks in, Adam and I had become somewhat friendly. He would ask me "how is it going, do you need any help?" when the other manager was a complete DOUCHE. Adam was the more professional one (which seems odd from the earlier part of the story, but I did later learn that he was dealing with a family emergency).
        One day he came and stood behind the hostess desk with me and asked about my 'story.' I told him a little bit of my life, and blogs purpose, and in turn he shared with me about how his mom has Kidney disease and has been on dialysis for quite awhile. A family came in, in the midst of our chat and I had to take them to their seat. It was interested because as I walked back from seating this family I noticed Adam was still there waiting to finish our talk, I thought it was sweet. 
       After that we became relatively talkative- but I never saw that going any further. I just thought he was a nice guy, and also he was my boss so I couldn't not talk to him ha. 
       Aside from being GM, he was also in charge of all the social media stuff for the restaurant, so after browsing my resume (hmmm, wonder why he was doing that?!) he asked me if I wanted to help with the social media since I had a lot of background with that type of stuff. I said of course. 
He asked me if I wanted to "meet up and talk about the social media, maybe over dinner…on me" hm, am I over thinking this or does this guy want to take me on a date?
We did go out, and it was fun. We had a lot to talk about, and these dinner dates became more and more frequent. He kissed me, and I certainly wasn't opposed to it. And from there our lives just mended. We always spoke. We spent all of our free time together, and we couldn't keep our hands off of each other while at work (which was a problem, and left to me leaving… but I will leave that for another post). 


I am so happy I met this man, he brings out the best possible side of me. I am the crazy and he is the sane, we balance each other out. He motivates me, he looks at me like I am the best possible thing in existence, I have never been looked at quite the way he looks at me. It gives me chills. He calls me beautiful at least 10 times a day, and the word love is used consistently within conversation. He would jump in front a bullet for me, I have no doubts, and I would do the same for him. Our friendship blossomed into this relationship that has changed my life. I had given up men entirely, I was okay with being single, but he came into my life and just flipped everything upside down. This unconditional love he shows me on a daily basis is so pure and true is unlike anything I have ever felt before. 

He also read my blog well before our relationship- so he knew all about me story, phewwww. 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,