Breathe Easy: Lessons I have learned in life.
Just some life lessons I have come to learn in my 20 something years of living...
- Things don’t always go as planned.
- All of those, “bessssst friendssssss forever...” probably won’t be your best friends forever.
- Just make sure to never let go of those friends who would answer your call at 2AM no matter what they are doing, those people are hard to come by.
- Sometimes people make mistakes, don’t give up on everyone because they may say or do the wrong thing…everyone is human- even your parents.
- Hear people out.
- You can never overuse I love you, and people aren't good at the guessing game- tell them.
- Just because you do the right things in life... doesn’t always mean life will do the right things for you.
- Time doesn’t slow down for anyone, take advantage of every opportunity.
- When things go wrong...remember, that doesn't mean your whole life is going wrong.
- This too shall pass.
- Usually toxic people don’t start off in your life as toxic people, be aware.
- If you are the only one putting in the effort, its time to let go.
- Sometimes people say forever, and they don't stay forever.
- If a guy only wants to see you at night- he isn't the one for you.
- And if your friends don't like your boy, he is also not the one for you.
- There will probably be someone in your life you will feel you let slip away.
- Just eat the damn ice cream or pizza at midnight, seriously... do it.
- Go out of your way to be nice, it will make you feel better.
- Holding onto anger causes more harm than good.
- Never doubt yourself.
- Sing in the car, sing in the shower, sing wherever the hell you want... no matter how bad you think your voice sounds.
- More times than not, your gut is right.
- Don't give up a dream... seriously, no matter how out of reach you may think it is- fight for it every damn day.
- Sometimes, no matter how justified you are, you cannot win- that's okay.
- You can't control what people do, you can however, control how you react.
- Sometimes people just suck.
- Make sure to surround yourself with people who make you laugh.
- You know... those boisterous, uncontrollable fits of laughter... its like medicine for your soul.
- Sometimes, you are wrong, and sometimes, sorry won't fix it...
- Just make sure to say sorry when its appropriate.
- Go on an adventure, even if its something as simple as hiking through your backyard.
- Ask for help, it doesn't make you weak.
- "You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world.. and there is still going to be someone who hates peaches..." stop trying to please everybody.
- Screw anyone who doubts you.
- Stop expecting people to cut you slack, and stop expecting someone to save you.
- Do you remember that embarrassing moment from two years ago? Yeah, neither does anyone else- don't dwell on shit.
- The many small things in life add up to be much larger than the few big things.
Life is a continuous lesson, what are some things you have learned up until now?
Labels: a letter to my young self, advice, advice of the day, blog, boston blogger, Breathe Easy, female blogger, fun, giveaway, hope, inspire, laugh, lessons, life, life lessons, love, tag, things I've learned